Apply to this opportunity by clicking here.
Fellows are early-career Ph.D. scientists and engineers who guide program creation, agency strategy, and outreach during their two-year tenure at ARPA-E. Scroll down to apply, and to learn more about what makes a successful Fellow, please visit ARPA-E’s career landing page.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are required:
- U.S. citizenship.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent terminal degree) in science or engineering.
- Students who expect to complete their Ph.D. within the next year are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong analytical, research, and communication skills.
- Ability to initiate independent projects and work across disciplines.
- Passion to change the world through energy technology research and development.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Fellows typically have a 2-year term at ARPA-E.
- Fellows are based at ARPA-E headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Fellows are full-time federal employees, are paid a competitive salary, and receive full benefits.
THE APPLICATION TIMELINE
The application portal generally opens twice per year:
|August 2022||Written Applications Due|
|Sept 2022||Semi-Finalist Phone Interviews|
|Oct/Nov 2022||Final Round Interviews|
|Late Nov 2022||Offers Extended|
HOW DO I APPLY?
The written application consists of:
- Responses to the prompts shown below
- A cover letter discussing your interest in ARPA-E
- A current CV
- Contact information for three references
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at [email protected] with the words “ARPA-E Fellows” in the subject heading.
Apply to this opportunity by clicking here. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please submit your application by August 31, 2022 11:59 PM ET.