ROSEI leadership council member Chao Wang is a co-founder of HighT-tech, LLC.
HighT-tech, LLC is looking for a Laboratory Engineer to join our team. The desired candidate will play a support role in laboratory activities related to the synthesis of new catalysts and the development of scale production processes. The Laboratory Engineer will contribute to best practices in the R&D laboratory and must be comfortable with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- This is a hands-on laboratory position supporting the ongoing catalyst development projects.
- Conform to all safety precautions and protocols.
- Typical daily activities include the safe handling of chemicals, synthesizing lab-scale catalyst samples, and performing characterization on materials under the direction of senior staff.
- Compile, document, and manage data from experiments, as well as assist in drafting or editing procedures during process development.
- Maintain and troubleshoot problems with various lab equipment including the glovebox, furnace, high voltage power supply, and downstream analysis equipment.
- Adept at communicating findings, issues, and lab observations with senior staff.
- BS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Engineering or related field.
- Laboratory experience with catalysts synthesis and processing.
- The ability to work in a laboratory setting (familiarity with glovebox usage, furnace, lab safety, etc.).
- Excellent work ethic and ability to quickly demonstrate independence.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Experience with recording information in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Desire to work in a start-up, dynamic environment.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
HighT-tech located in College Park, Maryland, is a start-up company revolutionizing high-temperature materials and thermal treatment processes for a wide array of applications. HighT-tech was established in 2019 and has applied deep research experience to develop advanced catalysts and ceramic materials.
Those interested in applying should send their CV’s to Yunhui Gong.