Apply to this position by clicking here.
At Cheniere, we provide the world with safe, reliable energy. But more than that, we provide opportunities for our talented employees to impact their communities every day. Our diversity is key to our continued success and forges a path where our culture supports greater equity and inclusion—for our employees, customers and beyond.
“Provide clean, secure, and affordable energy to the world” – Cheniere’s vision statement
This position reports to the Senior Director, Climate & Sustainability. The Climate & Sustainability team supports Cheniere Energy’s climate strategy, corporate responsibility, and emissions analytics. The ideal candidate should have a firm background in analytical and quantitative thinking and be motivated to support climate initiatives in the oil and gas industry. The role will focus on primarily: Cheniere’s life cycle model; Quantification, Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (QMRV) programs; and creating climate related analysis, reports, and presentations that will be distributed to Senior Management at Cheniere. This position will be located in Houston, Texas.
A successful candidate should have the following qualities:
- Strong analytical and quantitative reasoning skills
- Knowledge of natural gas value chain operations and markets
- Knowledge of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions estimation methods
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse business groups
- Ability to communicate complex technical subject matter to different audiences
- Strong technical writing abilities. Able to create professional and informative written materials for projects and analyses
This is a non-DOT position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Support development of Cheniere’s life cycle analysis (LCA) model, and employ the model to investigate emission-focused research questions to inform the business’s climate strategy.
- Assist conducting measurement and monitoring studies (i.e. QMRV programs) across Cheniere’s supply chain and own operations.
- Assist integration of greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring technology data into the LCA model.
- Evaluate impact of new technologies and GHG emission reduction strategies on the supply chain GHG intensity.
- Evaluate impact of local, state, and federal climate policy and regulations on Cheniere and its supply chain.
- Collaborate and support other members of the Climate and Sustainability team on climate science and analysis projects related to the natural gas and LNG supply chain.
- Provide research and analytical support to our internal and external climate and sustainability policies and interactions with key stakeholders, including engagements and interactions with ESG focused investors, scientific community, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Adherence to all corporate policies, especially ethics, health and safety at all times.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental studies or other science/analytical degree with relevant coursework in climate science and policy, sustainability and data analysis. The preferred candidate will have a graduate degree in the above fields
- Prior internship/work experience related to sustainability, climate, or natural gas industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion that embodies our vision statement.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and statistical tools.
- No direct reports
FREEDOM TO ACT
Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere; must exercise some discretion independently.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
- May be required to work over 40 hours per week.
- Limited travel is required.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Cheniere.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.